I've been working on a classic BASIC language inspired by Microsoft Atari Basic. It comes with a 50x50 display by default and makes it really easy to draw things and make games. The language is still in Beta and I'll be improving it over the coming weeks. For now here is the documentation and a sample snake game that I found on the internet and modified to make it work here. Please let me know what you think.
If you're curious you can find the source code for the interpreter here (https://repl.it/@amasad/pg-basic). Feel free to fix bugs and send patches.
[update] Docs moved here: https://docs.repl.it/misc/basic
[update 2] Changelog:
- You can now use variables with multiple letters
LETis optional. You can define variables like so
10 X = 1
TEXTlets you draw text on the screen (refer to docs)
- Display is now automatically focused after the program is run
GETCHARhandles long-presses better
[update 3] Changelog:
- You can now create multidimensional arrays
ARRAY a, 2
- You can now draw an entire grid with one call
- Refer back to docs
- It'll obviously be better if node is updated by default but we always have workarounds until they actually do it. Me and a few other members of the replit discord have constantly been bugging the replit team about this but they do have other more important issues to fix and features to add.
- That is weird, repl.it normally installs all dependencies before running so it should not fail. You can try creating a file named exactly
.replitwith the contents: -
language = "nodejs" run = "npm i && node index.js"
If it still doesn't, then there is an error in your code.