OK, so to start, a while ago I asked anyone if they would help with my
new programming language - and ppl did. But the outcome was pretty much just an unworking console thingy that did some commands.
But now I have an idea. I want to make a basic start off to a new language (however way we'll make it) in C, C++, C# or another worthy language you think of (comment and vote which one might be the best).
You can help if you want, a.k.a. you don't have to, but it would be nice.
One more thing, comment if you want to help out, so I can add you to the repl.
@Highwayman ik we have the lexer petty much working for the basic stuff we want, what next? also i know @aguy11 was (and me) working on a python repl on the same thing, so that might help some of the process.
Edit: Any of you wanna like start a team, for coding lang for the time being to work on this?
@Highwayman Yeah, I understand that. I probably won't be able to do this then for a few reasons:
- One: I will be really busy within the next couple of weeks or so, so I'll be basically useless
- Two: I don't even know what a VM is
- Three: I have already tried to make a computer lang before and it sorta turned out chaotic with me almost destroying repl.it in the process...
1) ok. Don’t worry, I don’t think any of us expect to develop a full language in such a short time, so there will be plenty for you to do while your here or not.
2) in this case I’m referring to the byte-code interpreter for our language. I called it a vm because I just always think of Java and the JVM when I think about byte code.
3) perfect you have experience. I have plenty of thing I develop by just continually throwing out my designs, but every time I made a draft I learned something, so you can actually help us with those experiences.