Repl.it is one of many online coding platforms. How did you find this one? Did you do a google search? A friend? Why did you choose Repl.it over the many others that exist out there. Currently repl.it is one of the most popular. I will say that if i google's filtering and searching system were different, i wouldn't have found it. I found Repl.it with
online python3. Comment below your own story!
Reasons so far:
- Coding on multiple computers
- Learning at school
- Looking for better online compilers/interpreters
- Searching on google for online <coding language>
- Coding in school without downloading interpreters/compilers
- Making games that wouldn't work on normal compilers/interpreters
- Entering competitions that require repl.it
- Storing code online. To show other people, or other uses
It's really cool to see how other people found repl.it. If I had been told to list as many reasons as I could, I would have gone with Bullet 1, Bullet 2, Bullet 3, and maybe Bullet 5.
Back in school I was getting interested in learning more programming languages. But I was discouraged because I didn't have a laptop and was always on the move (between home, school, and job) and every time I had an hour to code a little I have to spend most of it installing or troubleshooting compilers, IDEs, libraries, etc.
So I discovered the idea behind Repl.it -- an instant & portable programming environment for any language I want to learn. I ended up being the one to code it into existence but I might as well have found it if it existed before that.