Repl.it is one of many online coding platforms. How did you find this one? Did you do a google search? A friend? Why did you choose Repl.it over the many others that exist out there. Currently repl.it is one of the most popular. I will say that if i google's filtering and searching system were different, i wouldn't have found it. I found Repl.it with
online python3. Comment below your own story!
Reasons so far:
- Coding on multiple computers
- Learning at school
- Looking for better online compilers/interpreters
- Searching on google for online <coding language>
- Coding in school without downloading interpreters/compilers
- Making games that wouldn't work on normal compilers/interpreters
- Entering competitions that require repl.it
- Storing code online. To show other people, or other uses
It's really cool to see how other people found repl.it. If I had been told to list as many reasons as I could, I would have gone with Bullet 1, Bullet 2, Bullet 3, and maybe Bullet 5.
When I was learning Python I was looking for something online so I could write code when ever I had a bit of free time and I could work on the same code no matter if I was at work or at home, and I could easely share my code with a friend of mine who is a programmer... needed a lot of help from him in the beginning.
I was also frustrated that every time I needed to try something I need to download, install, update a bunch of things. With repl it is just new->code->stuff happens.