Repl.it is one of many online coding platforms. How did you find this one? Did you do a google search? A friend? Why did you choose Repl.it over the many others that exist out there. Currently repl.it is one of the most popular. I will say that if i google's filtering and searching system were different, i wouldn't have found it. I found Repl.it with
online python3. Comment below your own story!
Reasons so far:
- Coding on multiple computers
- Learning at school
- Looking for better online compilers/interpreters
- Searching on google for online <coding language>
- Coding in school without downloading interpreters/compilers
- Making games that wouldn't work on normal compilers/interpreters
- Entering competitions that require repl.it
- Storing code online. To show other people, or other uses
It's really cool to see how other people found repl.it. If I had been told to list as many reasons as I could, I would have gone with Bullet 1, Bullet 2, Bullet 3, and maybe Bullet 5.
I was starting a code club at my school and we were trying to get the administrators to download pycharm on the computers. They instead installed enthought canopy which took 10+ minutes to open. We looked online for alternatives and found repl.
Now I use repl even on my main computer for personal projects so I can work on them at school too.
@PYer Well... Not a ton lately. This is the club's 3rd year. At first we just did lessons to others to teach them some coding basics. But then we kinda got tired of just being teachers, so now we just meet and work on programming projects/project euler problems together. It's pretty unstructured now, especially now that our group has gotten smaller.