What do you think about making a mobile app for repl. There are very few functioning IDE apps that allow you to install packages as well.
I've experimented with this multiple times in the past but never got something that felt "right"...
What are some of your favorite mobile IDEs? I can check it out, maybe the state of the art has advanced since then.
The best one I've used by far is pythonista as it's the only I've found that allows some use of packages. I haven't tried many for other languages but the sololearn app seems to have the best one for anything else. Pythonista is the only app that comes close to being a full ide.
@amasad I'm a little late, but one that I really like (though there are no packages) is mobile c, the keyboard design is great and they have the terminal and input down, I've been developing my game jam on it but have to copy it over to the computer every time, an app that could connect with all of my repls would be extremely useful!
- Ability to run pip from a command line
- Ability to use frameworks, i.e. Flask, and launch localhosts
- Modify the keyboard - it's awesome that they put common Python symbols like colon, brackets, etc at the top of the alphabetical keyboard for easy access, would be even better if you could customize it.
- Better error and warning highlighting/UI in general
- This sounds silly, but a set of left/right arrow buttons somewhere on or near the keyboard that move the cursor one character to either direction would be very nice. On iOS at least, you have to long press and drag to move the cursor exactly where you want it (usually in the middle of a variable name)
- On-screen shortcuts or configurable tap-style shortcuts for copy and paste.