Hey there! This is planning for ReplForms, and I just wanted some community feedback before I dived into development. First off, let me explain what ReplForms is.
ReplForms is superficially Google Forms, but tailored more towards usage in the repl.it community. This is mainly inspired by my program failing to create some of the groups for the MMH because people changed their usernames on the Google Form signup. @MrEconomical's repl mail (go check it out!) is a source of inspiration as well.
Features To Include
- Repl Auth (I just recently figured it out)
- Ability to list/unlist forms
- Set expiration dates on forms
- Various question types for forms, multiple choice, text, select-all, dropdown, etc
- Option for anonymous forms (user is not recorded)
- Export form submissions as JSON
- View submissions as various graphs/charts (this'll be hard)
- Max amount of submissions per user option
- Embed repls in forms or form submissions
1.) Build server with API for manipulating forms
2.) Build front end using server API
3.) Fix broken features, add new ones
Any suggestions or features that I should include? Please don't be afraid to vocalize your suggestions. I want to build as much into the app for the first version.
Suggestions I have Received
- Public API (I will try to implement this, I need to be able to somehow authenticate requests sent to it)
- Image uploads (possibly, would probably need to set up Firestore)
- Customized colors for forms (will attempt to add)
- Email users completed form (maybe)
You can view the progress here.
- 1/31/2020: Work on server has began
- 2/3/2020: Started the database before finishing the rest of the server. Using Firestore.
- 2/5/2020: Figured out a way to authorize access to the API! There will be a public API!
- 2/12/2020: Server has been rewritten in Koa because of some HTTP module quirks. Dabbled a tiny bit in the front end.
Now, when are we getting replOS? (Or relphub)
I mean, this community is making web apps like google does but open source...
We got already a coding platform a social media and a e-mail app...
and soon we are getting a replforms?!
damn this is growing too fast, can't wait for the end of 2020 and see the changes.
Definitely markdown, image support would be nice. Will the API be open to the public with documentation on how to access it because I'd love to make a command-line client!
Nooo!!! Not Repl Auth!
I have less documentation and more like a couple projects I could share with you. Of course, I'm biased because I haven't gone out of my way to use Firestore before, but I could try to help.
Actually I'm not sure if the google cloud storage bucket is firestore or not :/ I'll try to research up on that.
Maybe you could add that feature that google forms has where it emails you the completed form, I like that feature it’s helpful.
I just want to say that it’s a great idea! Also, you could should add a feature where the user can customize the color or font of the app or text that the user writes or the way someone can organize their files.
I don’t know, like just a suggestion. Me myself I wouldn’t be able to do something as complex and as cool as that, but I wish you good luck with it! 👏👏👍👍
Have a great day!