A geeky way to say “Happy Birthday”
It’s my friend’s birthday. I plan to send him some JS code that when pasted into DevTools plays the happy b’day song. This is the result. (Solo project.)
- I used Web Audio API to create a simple music box.
- Developed this in repl.it by creating a “Preview” button to let me test the code to copy.
- Melody and chords are encoded into CJK characters to “disguise” the Happy Birthday song. The first 47 characters are the melody, the rest are the (broken) chords.
- To not pollute the global scope, while being concise, local variables are declared as default parameters. e.g.
((paramX, paramY, localA=1, localB=2) => …).
t(f, b)function plays a single note of frequency
- Each character is processed in forEach loop. The index is used to determine when to play the note.