My Methods to Bypass School Filters
My Methods to Get Around School Filters
These are all the methods that I know of to get around school filters on my school Chromebook. The methods shown may not work for you. It took me months to discover all of this, and I want to share it with the world.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU TRY TO DO ANY SHADY ACTIVITIES USING THESE METHODS.
1. Use a VPN.
Seriously. I don't know why the school didn't block it, but it allow you to get onto pages that are blocked by the school's network.
1. Go to https://VPN-Gate-Mirors-Scraper.uniqueostrich18.repl.run, or skip to step 4 and use this IP: 22.214.171.124
2. Go to any one of the mirrors of VPN Gate that are provided.
- Scroll down and pick a VPN server that has a high speed. Note that the speed listed is the theoretical maximum. Also, you might want to open the image below in a new tab.
- Go to the settings app and click on "add connection," then "Add OpenVPN/L2TP"
- If it didn't connect, find a new IP, or reboot your Chromebook
2. Use onworks.net VMs
This one allows you to view ANY WEBSITE, but is very laggy. Also gives you access to a Linux PC.
1. Go to https://www.onworks.net/os-distributions/ubuntu-based/free-ubuntu-online-gnome
2. Whitelist the site on your adblocker
3. Hit "Run Online"
4. Wait for it to load
5. Open Firefox
6. Enter in the url
3. Use an Android Emulator
This one allows you to view websites and watch youtube. Very, very, laggy.
1. Go to https://www.apkonline.net/free-android-online-emulator
2. Hit "Run Online"
3. Wait for it to load
4. Open Google Chrome
5. Go to the blocked website
4. Use a Proxy Site and a VPN
This one isn't laggy for once. It only works on proxy sites blocked by the network, which seem to be all of them for me.
1. Set up the VPN as done in method #1
2. Go to a proxy site such as filterbypass.me
3. Go to the blocked website
5. Use my Proxy
Note: Some pages may be broken.
1. Go to https://Proxy-Site-V1.uniqueostrich18.repl.co/
2. Enter in the url and hit "Submit"
6. Use Browserling
The demo only allows use for 3 minutes.
1. Go to https://www.browserling.com/browse/win/7/chrome/75/http%3A%2F%2F
2. Enter in the url
7. Use a Browser on Repl.it Servers
If you don't have the hacker plan, then it's EXTREMELY SLOW.
1. Go to https://sites.google.com/a/pleasantonusd.net/unblock-all-sites/ for instructions.
Wait! The school can still know what I'm doing!
Well, there are some ways to fix that. Credit to @AdCharity for alerting me to some of this. https://repl.it/talk/learn/Bypassing-School-Restrictions/24573
1. Use a bookmarklet to erase tab history
This one's really simple. Just select the code below and drag it to your bookmarks bar. Then click it on a website to delete the history and replace it with google.com or drive.google.com.
Google Drive Version:
2. Use a bookmarklet to change the tab title and icon.
Drag the code below into your bookmarks bar and click it to change any tab's title and icon to Google Drive. No one will ever guess it is something else. It refreshes every second.
3. Purposely crash your Chromebook
This one is a last resort to give you an excuse and to close your tabs quickly. Just go to one of these pages when using Chrome:
Thank you for reading this guide; it took me over an hour to write.