I built an account system with PHP a while back.
This post is an update to the last time I posted about this account system.
I created a new post because I feel like there are way more things to it now.
Here are some of the features that you can do on the website:
- Create an account.
- Log in to your account.
- Change your profile description.
- Change your username.
- Change your password.
- Create/change your avatar.
- Delete your account.
- Suspend your account (this will prevent your account from being accessible).
- Your account will be automatically suspended if someone is trying to log in to it with failed attempts too many times.
Community (these features are for logged in users)
- Create comments, and delete them.
- Report other user's comments.
- Vote for user's comments.
- Report other users.
- A shell console, for admins to control the website, this does not require you to be logged in.
I would really appreciate feedback about it!
Can you help me with a project I am doing? I need a forum, don’t want to use node.js, and don’t know PHP.
@VulcanWM So, at least what I'm thinking, if we create a separate website for the forum, that contains all of the forum stuff. And that we copy my project to your forum, and then change things such as text, CSS etc. until it is how you want it! That will make the forum work with accounts etc. and if you want to add things I can add that. I recently made a bank project, with a CSS style that would fit your forum, if we change the colors and things (https://bank.tamkerl.repl.co).
If you accept my friend request, we can start almost immediately.