repl chat: Integrated global chat for repl.it
repl chat yey
After making repl mail, I still wasn't satisfied. There was a mailing system now, but no way to chat in real time on repl.it itself. So I decided to make a chat system cool kek.
(yes I love this repl share post format dont judge)
- Log in with repl auth - use repl auth to log in with your repl account @amasad
- Integrated - repl chat pops up right on repl.it! I styled it based on the multiplayer chat so it is a little window on the bottom right. I just tweaked a few things to improve the UI where I saw fit. More on this in Usage Instructions
- Fast - repl chat uses WebSocket to send chat messages in real-time
- Message history - unlike many other chat applications cough cough and somewhat repl multiplayer chat itself cough cough repl chat stores the last 50 messages so you will have context every time you log on
- Create a new bookmark (name it whatever you want)
- In the url section, copy and paste this:
- Now, when you are on repl.it, if you want to add the repl chat window, simply click on the bookmark!
If you really wanted to, you could use the browser client here: https://repl-chat.mreconomical.repl.co but why tho?
DATABASE SOURCE CODE: https://repl.it/@MrEconomical/repl-chat-database-source
How do I make a chat for only me and my friends? In other words, how do I make a private chat after I fork the repl?