I hit 500 cycles recently. YAY, thanks!! Although I probably have about 50 cycles in ask questions where they haven’t selected my answer as the answer after admitting that it was the answer to their question :(
So here is a 500 cycle special!
How to play:
All instructions are explained in the game, but I’ll give you an overview anyway:
- You are given a choice of what cactus you would like to be. All are found in The Cactapedia
- You are then given an overview of your chosen cactus
- Now the actual simulator starts. You (as you are told) make your decisions monthly. You can either: increase root length, stem height or number of spines.
- You have to balance your decisions so that none of your stats fall to 0 (you die if they do).
- You need to survive for 5 years (60 months)
Thanks to @xolyon for allowing me to use a function that they made which that the text can be printed letter by letter.
Also, for their colour codes tutorial which allows for colours with no imports, YAY!! :)
Have Fun, and if you do: don’t forget to upvote! :)
I dunno why I wanna point this out but I did a project on cactus's and it turns out that they are very hard to eat 1) spines 2) some weird wax to stop diseases and 3) a lot of them are poisonous also the location is important as cactus will collect sunshine during the day and co2 and make stars at night so they try to grow a part of their body into the shade (smaller ones at least) dunno if that was informative
@CodingCactus partly into the shade its a bit to do with the way of making food but for small cacti with small roots its primarily to hide and to look like its part of the rock and more also being partly shaded means that less water evaporates but the cacti already have a defence for that (wax)
@CodingCactus fun fact: the opposite of the cactus is: (only one really) is the Russian tumbleweed (yeah only in Russia) in fact its the complete opposite because it doesn't care about its own survival the only offspring it might we'll be dead also it can survive any climate I think, unlike cactus