This is basically just a pong game from the coding world.
How to play:-
Try to move two paddles so that it cannot give the opponent point if you miss the ball.
"W" is for moving the left paddle up.
"S" is for moving the left paddle down.
Up key is for moving the Right paddle up
Down key is for moving the Right paddle down.
And the score thing?
You will find it out in the game.
PS:- It's a bit laggy while playing this game in the Repl but we don't have any alternate for it as of now. I hope the
run domain will be back soon for a better experience.
And the other thing is that, It is very beginner-friendly.
You can follow up along with the commented code.
Fork it out and try to make some differences.
Leave out your best score here in the comments.
Some credit goes to this tutorial too.
Check it out if you want
- Did I did any kind of upvote farming?
- Yeah, I did follow the exact tutorial, but is there any kind of rule that says "No tutorial code is allowed to share on Repl.it Share?"
- Having 0 cycle accounts never mean that I made many alt accounts.
@PattanAhmed Hi, I will kindly ask again to credit the owner in the post as otherwise this is plagiarism. Crediting in comments does not cut it, since you obviously know it will be pushed down by the dozens of other comments, just like how youtubers don't credit the music in the comment section. Please clearly credit the original project in your post or take it down as this is already against the ToS
@PattanAhmed okay, well you still based parts of it off the video and thus you need to credit it. What you’re doing is like stealing the Google Homepage and writing an entire backend search engine yourself. You wrote most of the code, but you still used other people’s information.
@realTronsi was that a good analogy?
@CodingCactus "hi @programmeruser you reported this for plagiarising a tutorial, please provide the tutorial from which this is apparently copied" You have said this and it is wrong. He did not "Plagiarize" the youtubers "open-source" code. Additionally plagiarism is not an issue in the computer science world.
"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research." - Wilson Mizner
also could you post the link to the video this was supposedly copied from?
@CodingCactus You still dont understand that plagiarism in computer science works differently. The code was not not published as official software, so anyone can copy it. Additionally, you have to include a in text citation of your chosen license with each file. Or else anyone is legally able to copy it for commercial purposes.
Why reports should NOT be anonymous @RayhanADev:
1. The reporter could report someone for no reason or for fun
2.TAKE REPORTING SERIOUSLY please the report button is there for a reason TO REPORT PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING MEAN. NOT FOR FUN OR NO REASON (except my friend @Beginnerbot7 who sweared in the chat once)
3.the repl.it people who see reported content will see if it is not inappropriate if it is appropriate the reporter WILL GET IN BIG TROUBLE! else the person reported will be banned (just like my friend @Beginnerbot7)
so everyone and including you @RayhanADev and me we must all keep these in mind while reporting.
Uh why we have to spam tap the keys to move the paddle and the ball moves at such different rates its near impossible to reach the ball from one side to another
We can go off the board
The ball moves through the middle of the paddles at times
- Why does this get so many upvotes? It's literally just pong. I've seen more better pong games and they have less than 10 upvotes.
- Why would you copy and paste a youtube tutorial? If you said you didn't copy it, well I watched the exact same tutorial.
- I see so many 0 upvote accounts. Probably just made alt accounts to get upvotes.
- So depressing.
Ok wow. That was really rude @Funkus.
1. Repl.it share is a place to SHARE code, just because he did a tutorial doesnt mean we have to shame them.
2. There has been a spike in new users lately, That doesnt mean theyre alts. Some people dont like to comment/post
3. Trashing his game? Come on thats just not nice.
4. I hate it when people judge other people like this so please dont do this
Ok wow. You are supporting a non-creative, stolen [email protected]
A place to share code, but not to copy one's and post? But not a place to give opinions or thoughts on? Then what's the point of sharing? This place is to be original, not a place for farming upvotes.
- This place is to be creative.
- New users don't always upvote.
- Being honest is better than lying about his "original" work.
- I hate when people support a non-creative project.
@Funkus Bro, did you not know that tutorials are for copying? The main point of a tutorial is for the person to learn. He followed a tutorial (Which is allowed) and posted it on repl.it bc he liked it (which is allowed) @PattanAhmed is a pretty trusted member of repl.it, so I dont think hes just gonna destroy his reputation by cycle farming.
Here is a link to play in full screen:
i made a code and i dont know how to share it with the world like you I could play this game but how do I make mine public so others could do the same