Our First Game Jam!
You asked, we answered: on March 18 at 12:00 AM PST, we’re kicking off our next challenge!
The theme & our grand prize
You might have heard that our grand prize is 1BTC ($3,829.00 USD... give or take depending on the day!). In light of that, the theme is cash. Crypto, fiat, paper, coin... whatever cash means to you. ;-)
How to submit
Submitting is easy! All you have to do is:
- Start a project by picking a language/framework. We recommend checking out Pygame, LOVE2D, Tkinter, and Java Swing.
- Share your repl on the challenge board
Make sure to do this by April 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
First Place & Best Overall Game
Best Individual Game
Best Group Game
Community Vote (Honorable Mention)
How to work in a group
You can submit individually, but for this challenge, you’re also more than welcome to submit as a group. Groups can collaborate together in real time using Multiplayer—learn more about how to use it here.
(If you want to work in a group but can’t find one, we’ll be informally matching people on our Discord server under >Challenge >#matchmaker.)
Starting with tutorials for inspiration
We know designing a game in a month is no easy feat. Here are a few tutorials to help get you started:
- A starter guide to Pygame
- Build AI game with p5.js and ml5.js
- Game Tutorial: Canyon Runner
- Text-based adventure games in Python
- World-map generation for Ultima-style RPGs
- Beginner 3D Graphics
- How to draw pixel art on Python with Turtle
- Game Tutorial: Tetris in Python
- Game Tutorial: SSSnake in Python
- Game Tutorial: Space Invaders in Python
- Learn Space Shooter with HTML5
Click here for our full FAQ.
P.S. Don’t forget to invite your friends! We created a handy sign up page just for potential challenge participants here.
I finally submitted my thing as well. It's a Lightning Network simulator. It fits the theme and it's fun.
I want that bitcoin so much I can taste it. It tastes like pennies and like financial freedom :D