Hexawar is a 4X game similar to Civilization and Age of Empire - but optimized to run out of a browser. Choose between 8 empires, and battle until domination.
- Local Multiplayer (pass & play) is supported.
- Create an military with a variety of unit types (8).
- Collect resources and build cities
- Bots range from Easy, Normal, Hard, and Crazy.
- Map size ranges from Tiny to Huge.
- Sound Effects and Music (Turn it up!).
- High optimization for mobility - any laptop / computer can smoothly run.
- Settings page for fine tuning.
- Play time: 10 min (tiny map) to 30 min (huge map)
| Control | Key / Button |
| ------ | ------ |
| Select Terrain / Building | Left Click |
| Select Unit | Right Click |
| Move Map | Drag |
| Move Map Up | W or Up Arrow|
| Move Map Down | S or Down Arrow|
| Move Map Left| A or Left Arrow|
| Move Map Right| D or Right Arrow|
| Zoom In | Scroll (up) |
| Zoom Out | Scroll (down) |
| Select Action | Right Click (Bottom Left Dashboard) |
# Terrain Tiles
There are 4 types of terrain generated on a map:
* **Fields (Yellow)** - allows the conversion to a Farm (produces crops)
* **Forest (Dark Green)** - allows the conversion to a Samill (produces lumber)
* **Mountains (Gray)** - allows the conversion to a Mine (produces extra gold)
* **Plains (Light Green)** - nothing
Note: When an enemy is on a building tile, the production is cut off until the enemy has left.
The main purpose of cities is to be able to train more Units per turn (but also gain more resources).
| Building | Cost | Production | Terrain |
| ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Capital | 0 | 3 gold | N/A |
| City | Settler | 0 | N/A |
| Sawmill | 2 gold | 1 lumber | Forest |
| Farm | 2 gold | 1 crop | Fields |
| Mine | 2 gold, 2 lumber | 1 gold | Mountains |
There are 3 types of resources able to be gained:
* **Gold** - used for training units / converting all three productive terrains
* **Crops** - used for training units
* **Lumber** - used for training units / converting mountains into mines
Costs are in order of (gold, crops, lumber)
| Unit | Cost | Health | Damage | Movement | Range | Description|
| ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Settler | 5/0/0 | 5 | 0 | 2 | 0 | Founds new Cities to expand your empire. |
| Scout | 4/1/2 | 5 | 2 | 3 | 1 | Excellent at exploring, this Unit is not slowed by rough terrain, but is vulnerable to attack. |
| Warrior | 5/0/3 | 10 | 5 | 2 | 1 | Fairly weak early-game military Unit. |
| Archer | 7/2/5 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 2 | Powerful ranged Unit that can strike foes from afar. |
| Horseman | 12/6/2 | 5 | 9 | 3 | 2 | Fast and powerful Mounted Unit. Weak to Swordsman. |
| Swordsman | 4/1/2 | 12 | 11 | 2 | 1 | Strong, front-line land Unit. |
| Catapult | 4/1/2 | 17 | 15 | 1 | 3 | Does major damage to Units and Cities from a distance, but moves very slowly. |
| Psychic | 4/1/2 | 5 | 1 | 1 | 1 | A weak Unit that can convert enemy troops to your side. |
Boom refer to an economic boom, a strategy where the player focuses almost exclusively on their economy instead of investing resources for military purposes. It is commonly used to counter the Turtle strategy as a boom economy can very easily outperform a turtling economy in the late game.
- Focus on gaining lumber and crops through making cities, as those resources take longer
Turtle strategies typically involve the massing of armies and/or economies behind fortifications. "Turtling" is most common counter to rushs. The utility of turtling inevitably diminishes when catapults start rolling out on the field.
- Focus on quickly producing cheap troops such as Warriors and Archers
Rush refers to a military strategy emphasizing rapid build-up as early as possible (Counters Boom). To implement this strategy, the player should focus almost exclusively on building troops to harass the enemy economy in the shortest possible amount of time.
- Focus on trying to block production (by placing units on top of enemy buildings)
#### Combo Units
Some units are a perfect match for each other, and may outperform enemies even at a unit size disadvantage.
- Horsemen and Archer
- Catapult and Swordsmen
- ... and more!
### Extra Info (for the diehards)
|Country|Capital Name|City Names (in order)|
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
|British|London|York, Nottingham, Hastings, Canterbury, Coventry, Warwick, Newcastle, Oxford|
|Dutch|Amsterdam|Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Breda, Nijmegen, Den Haag, Haarlem, Arnhem|
|French |Paris|Orleans, Lyon, Troyes, Tours, Marseille, Chartres, Avignon, Rouen|
|German|Berlin|Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Essen, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf|
|Ottoman|Istanbul|Edirne, Ankara, Bursa, Konya, Samsun, Gaziantep, Diyarbakir, Izmir|
|Portuguese |Lisbon|Porto, Braga, Coimbra, Funchal, Leiria, Goa, Vila Nova de Gaia, Aveiro|
|Russian |Moscow|St. Petersburg, Novgorod, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Yekaterinburg, Yakutsk, Vladivostok, Smolensk|
|Spanish |Madrid|Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba, Toledo, Santiago, Salamanca, Murcia, Valencia|
Icons: [Flat Icons](https://www.flaticon.com/home)
Sound Effects: [Freesound](https://freesound.org/)
Music: [Music by Eric Matyas](www.soundimage.org)